If you are looking for a laptop for your day to day use in the range of under $500 laptops then you can consider the list below about best laptops under $500 consumer reports.
Even in $500 laptops range, laptops are perfectly balanced in terms of looks, design, specifications, features, and performance. You can find some amazing feature loaded laptops here in our list lets dive into the list.
5 Best Laptops Under $500 Consumer Reports
Here is the complete list by consumer reports best laptops under $500:
1. Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop
- AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Dual Core Processor (Up to 3.5GHz); 4GB DDR4 Memory; 128GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 15.6 inches full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED backlit IPS display; AMD Radeon Vega 3 Mobile Graphics
- 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port, 2 USB 2.0 ports & 1 HDMI port with HDCP support
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi; Backlit Keyboard; Up to 7.5 hours battery life
- Windows 10 in S mode. Maximum power supply wattage: 65 Watts
The narrow-bezel design offers more real estate for amazing images. Crisp, true-to-life colors come alive on a 15.6” Full HD IPS display with Acer Color Intelligence. Keep your eyes free from strain and watch or work for long sessions using Acer BlueLightShield.
The Aspire 5 delivers desktop-class performance with the AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Mobile Processor with Radeon Vega 3 Graphics-enabling powerful performance and amazing battery life.
Turn up the music with Acer TrueHarmony, bringing you deeper bass and more volume through its innovative speaker design.Travel with ease and look great doing it with the Aspire 5 thin, light design and aluminum top cover.
Surf from site to site with Microsoft Edge, knowing that advanced security features are built right in.
2. Lenovo Chromebook C330 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop
- Get high performance when you need it – The Chromebook C330 boots up in seconds and features easy-to-use Chrome OS, plenty of memory and storage, and so much more
- Sleek, stylish, and secure, this 360⁰ convertible laptop is less than 1-inch thin and about the weight of a hardback book, with an 11-inch touchscreen display that's perfect for day-to-day computing and multimedia, on or offline
- The Lenovo Chromebook C330 is easy to use, offers built-in virus protection and keeps going with long battery life. No setup needed – Just login with a Google account so emails, maps, documents, and photos stay with you via cloud storage
- Built to connect, this notebook computer includes a variety of USB ports for effortless connectivity. Plus, stay in touch with the built-in camera. Bluetooth 4.2
- Users love it; "High end features for a low price," says one happy reviewer. Another adds, "This Chromebook has far exceeded my expectations. The speed is snappy and the device responds quickly to gestures and commands."
Enjoy powerful processing for daily tasks, DDR3 memory for effortless multitasking and fast eMMC storage. Optimized to improve every day, designed to grow with you and deliver performance for years to come.
Lenovo Chromebook C330 is the 360⁰ convertible laptop, which is just 1-inch thin and weight equals to hardback book.
The USB-C,SD, and USB 3.0 ports allow you to connect to your favorite devices. Powerful Wi-Fi with Bluetooth 4.1 allows you to connect up to two Bluetooth devices at the same time.
It has an 11-inch touchscreen display, which makes it perfect for day-to-day use and multimedia, on or offline.
3. ASUS F512JA-AS34 VivoBook 15 Thin And Light Laptop
- 15.6 inch Full HD (1920x1080) 4-way NanoEdge bezel display with a stunning 88% screen-to-body ratio
- Compatible with Google Classroom; run Google Classroom on Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 11
- Latest 10th Gen Intel Core i3-1005G1 CPU (4M Cache, up to 3.4 GHz)
- 8 GB DDR4 RAM and 128 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
- Ergonomic backlit keyboard with fingerprint sensor activated via Windows Hello
- Exclusive Ergolift design for an improved typing position
- Comprehensive connections including USB 3.2 Type-C, USB 3.2 Type-A, USB 2.0, and HDMI; Gigabit Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) (USB Transfer speed may vary. Learn more at ASUS website)
The new frameless four-sided NanoEdge display keeps dimensions down to a minimum with a smaller footprint. Even with the ultra slim bezel, a HD camera is still located on the top bezel.
Life moves fast, and you’ll need a laptop that won’t weigh you down. VivoBook 15 has compact, travel-friendly dimensions and weight- simply slip it in your bag for true on-the-go computing.
ASUS F512JA-AS34 is equipped with reversible USB Type C, HDMI, microSD card reader and USB 3.1 and 2.0 ports, you can easily connect to most of the peripherals, displays and projects with no hassles.
VivoBook 15’s precision-engineered ErgoLift hinge has a silky-smooth dual action that holds the display securely at any angle, and add 2 degree keyboard tile to give you an optimized typing position.
4. HP 14″ Touchscreen Home and Business Laptop
- AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Processor (2.60 GHz base clock, up to 3.50 GHz max boost clock, 4 MB Cache, 2 Cores) Smart dual-core, four-way processing performance for HD-quality computing
- 14" Touchscreen, typical 1366 x 768 HD resolution. Natural finger-touch navigation makes the most of Windows 10. Energy-efficient LED backlight screen
- DDR4 2400 MHz RAM Memory with Solid State Drive (SSD) combo brings the muscle for gaming, creating, and advanced multitasking, so you can do it all, anywhere. To smoothly run your games and photo- and video-editing applications, as well as multiple programs and browser tabs all at once
- 1x Headphone-out & Audio-in Combo Jack; 1x Built-in HD webcam with microphone; 1x Built-in fingerprint reader; 1x Built-in media reader for simple photo transfer; 1x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert; 1x HDMI 1.4b 4K Output; 1x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C; 2x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type A. 12.75 x 8.89 x 0.78 in (323.85 x 225.81 x 19.81 mm), 3.25 lbs. (1.47 kg)
- Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11b/g/n/ac (1x1)(19a) Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2 and RJ-45 LAN Ethernet combo. Connect to a Wireless-AC router for nearly 3x the speed, more capacity and wider coverage than Wireless-N. Backward-compatible with all other Wi-Fi networks and hotspots
This laptop is a perfect for those who want best performance. HP has created a splendid laptop that looks beautiful and works efficiently. A convertible laptop that is a metallic frame, you can expect this machine to last long, really long.
HP 14″ Touchscreen laptop comes from powerful 3.4 GHz Intel Core i3 Dual-Core Processor and 4 GB DDR4 RAM. At the price of Under $500 laptop.
5. Lenovo IdeaPad 3 15.6″ Laptop Under 500
- 10th Generation Intel Dual-Core i3-1005G1 Processor, up to 3.5GHz.
- 15.6" HD (1366 x 768) Anti-Glare Display Backlight Display, AMD Radeon R5 Graphics
- Modem description: Cable
- System RAM type: DDR4_SDRAM
Engineered for long-lasting performance, the Lenovo IdeaPad 3 delivers powerful performance in a laptop that’s perfect for your everyday tasks, with features that you can depend on.
With its Ideapad pre-installed Windows 10 Home 64-bit, make it ideal for Home, Student, Professionals, Small Business, School Education, and Commercial Enterprise.
The IdeaPad 330 range is available in three screen-size variants (14, 15.6, and 17.3-inches), giving you the flexibility to configure one based on your needs.
Under $500 Laptop Buying Guide Factors To Consider
Before buying any product you have to read the full buying guide of any product. You can find the best laptop buying guide by consumer reports.
- Build Quality